$20.00 (as of March 21, 2019, 11:02 pm)
& FREE Shipping.
Coupons available for this offerView more coupons
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) November 25, 2018.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com (look for "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party
sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even
if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Offer does not apply to digital content or subscriptions.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Enter promo code NOVBOOK18 at checkout to qualify.
Embrace your Roman muse!
As a learner of Latin, you wish to have to experience the Roman world by reading its writers in their original language. But you’ll be unsure where to begin in the classical canon or you can also worry that your Latin skills are insufficient to tackle authentic texts.
Requiring just a grounding in the basics, Beginning Latin Poetry Reader means that you can explore the wealthy and diverse range of Latin verse, including epics, comedies, satires, lyric poetry, and even graffiti! Inside you can find seventy selections from authors of the early Republic such as Plautus and Terrance in addition to those of the Golden and Silver Ages such as Vergil, Horace, Ovid, and Juvenal–all supported by helpful footnotes and English translations. This book also includes a clear overview of Latin syntax and the metrics of its verse, a glossary of all Latin words found in the readings, and a time line showing the historical and literary context of each and every writer.
Lose yourself in:
- the sparkling comedies of Plautus
- the intimate love poetry of Catullus
- the majestic hexameters of Vergil
- the elegant lyricism of Horace
- the refined sensuality of Ovid
- the compelling satires of Juvenal
- the bristly epigrams of Martial